Flood situation worsens in Johor
JOHOR BARU: The number of victims affected by the flood continue to climb as more people are being moved to relief centres across the state.
As of 10am on Sunday, some 92,650 people have been evacuated to 333 flood relief centres statewide.
Most of the victims are from Batu Pahat with 28,660 people, Kluang (16,252), Kota Tinggi (11,066), Johor Baru (10,880), Segamat (6,214), Mersing (5992), Muar (3,770) and Pontian (3,130). Access to Kota Tinggi, Bandar Tenggara, Paloh in Muar remains cut off. Access to Mersing is only through Rompin, Pahang as the road from Johor Baru is still impassable due to floods and landslides.
More than a dozen major roads statewide have been closed. Among them are:
1) KM25 Kota Tinggi – Mersing road
2) Batu 7,13, 15, 18, 20 of Johor Baru – Mersing
3) KM 24 Kota Tinggi – Kulai
4) Labis – Yong Peng
5) KM 3 Yong Peng – Parit Sulong
6) Batu 18 Ayer Hitam – Parit Sulong
7) Batu 28, Batu 70 Muar – Labis