get this article from abedib’s the reader blog. cam betul je kan. heheheh
So here I’d like to share 22 things you can do daily to improve your life. Of course, you may not be able to do them all at once. Just start with the ones that benefit you most. Or, if you have done many of them, consider doing the ones that you haven’t done yet.
Here they are:
- Be observant of what is going on around you. Open your eyes and ears. This way a lot of fresh ideas will come to you.
- Take notes of every idea that comes to your mind. Never let any idea goes uncaptured.
- Try to learn something from the people you meet. Find something you can learn in their words, their attitude, or even their mistakes.
- Bring a book or magazine wherever you go. This way you can use any gap time for reading.
- Allocate a minimum of 30 minutes to read a book.
- Meditate. It improves your clarity which in turn improves your effectiveness.
- Take time to reflect on your day. What have you done right? What have you done wrong? What can you do to improve yourself?
- Drink water a lot.
- Read a collection of quotes. I like to use Random Quotations.
- Choose a quote of the day to ponder and apply. Preferably, it should come from your personal list of quotes which contains the quotes that resonate most with you.
- Take notes of every expense you make. This is an effective way to keep your finance under control.
- Do something for the first time. Either find something new you have never done before, or find a new way to do something (e.g. taking a different route to work). This is to increase your mental capacity.
- Effectively read online articles.
- Use timer to help you actually do what you need to do. Actually doing is the key to productivity.
- Learn to use a tool, either to improve your skill with a familiar tool or to learn a new tool. A good start is to learn the keyboard shortcuts of the software you usually use.
- Take time to review your life purpose and goals, preferably before doing the main activities of the day.
- Rise early.
- Listen to educational or motivational audio program when you are doing activities which do not need full concentration. Examples of such activities are exercising, driving, and queuing.
- Be grateful for your day. Being grateful helps you develop a positive attitude toward life.
- Read a random article from Wikipedia to expose you to new things you may never know before.
- Have fun. Having fun helps you be passionate about life.